A few months back we were at a dinner at Dan's school and one of the desserts was this amazing pound cake. One of the ladies at Circle made it, and I immediately asked her for the recipe! She is in maybe her late 50s or early 60s, and she shared with me that it was her husband's mother's recipe. There are a lot of unique flavors (extracts), which I think is what makes it so good. Some of them are hard to find (although Woodman's carries the Black Walnut), so she also gave me some substitues.
I've made it a few times and found there is one quirk: even though the directions say cook for one hour, it usually take me about 1 hour and 45 minutes. It's always totally liquidy when I check it at an hour. I still haven't figured that out, but it still tastes so good. Maybe because I use butter instead of margarine?
Anyway, just thought I'd share. Enjoy!
MILLIONAIRE POUND CAKE
1 LB. MARGARINE (SOFTENED)
1 1/2 CUP POWERED SUGAR
6 EGGS
2 TSP. BUTTER FLAVOR
1 TSP. VANILLA
2 TSP. BLACK WALNUT FLAVOR (or Coconut)
1/4 C. LEMON JUICE
1 TSP. PINEAPPLE FLAVOR (or Raspberry)
2 TSP. ALMOND FLAVOR
4 CUPS FLOUR
3/4 C. MILK
3 CUPS SUGAR
COMBINE BUTTER, SUGARS. ADD MILK, FLAVORS AND LEMON JUICE. GRADUALLY ADD FLOUR & EGGS. BAKE IN TUBE PAN 325 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR OR UNTIL DONE. GLAZE TOP BEFORE TURNING OUT ON TO PLATE. GLAZE BOTTOMS & SIDES.
GLAZE:
2 TABLESPOON MARGARINE
1 1/2 C POWERED SUGAR
1 TSP VANILLA FLAVOR
1/2 CUP OF MILK
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yummm, this sounds delicious. I'll have to make it the next time we need a dessert for something. Thanks for sharing the recipe..I always love to try something new!
Post a Comment