Monday, October 01, 2007

It was OK

Thanks, everyone, for your notes of encouragement. Things went OK today. I was a little emotional last night, but was feeling OK when I left this morning. It was very hard to get back into the groove of work; I really didn't know where to start as I scrolled through the 100s of emails from the last three months! But, it was good to see everyone again and I got a nice arrangement of gerber daisies and cookes and a "Welcome Back" sign from my co-workers, so that was nice. The boys did fine, too. Caleb slept well and was in a good mood all day, but Gabe didn't nap and I guess he got a little cranky in the afternoon. Dan was home with them today and Sandi came to help again and will be helping me out tomorrow while I work from home, so we're grateful for that.

So, one day down.......

2 comments:

Amy Kate said...

I'm glad it went pretty well. It'll get better as the days go on, it did last time (though I can't help but feel that with two, it is at least twice as rough!). Once again, since I'm trailing behind you, I'm relying on your info and feedback to prepare me!!!

Anonymous said...

I always hated going back after a long vacation... so I can't imagine after 12 wks! You'll do great and I'm sure the boys love seeing their Grandma's too!