So, we didn't really have any major plans this weekend, but it's been kindof a weird one. Friday I ended up with a migraine, which I've been having more often since I've been pregnant. I don't get that terrible a headache, but I get what they call an "aura," flashing lights and spotty vision, which is always a little disturbing, and then I just feel really tired. Gabe was in a good mood, thankfully, so it wasn't too bad. Then Saturday Dan had to work, so it was just the two of us again, and I was feeling sort of nauseaus (still having to take unisom and B6 occastionally - the first time around it was definitely gone by now). However, Gabe was NOT in a good mood. I'm not sure what's going on, but he wouldn't nap and was just acting really cranky and whiney. I think we are definitely getting a taste of the terrible twos! Then today I woke up with hives on my hands, forearms and knees....very strange and very itchy. I don't know what it is, but I took some Benadryl and it got a little better, but then it came back again around 6, so I took some more, which helped again, but now I'm feeling itchy again! I have no idea what it is. I also got another migraine today! Grrrr....Gabe also in a sortof cranky mood again today, but not as bad as yesterday. I've given him a dose of Tylenol today and yesterday and that seems to help, so maybe it's the molars, but I think we're just getting into that tantrum stage a little bit. Dan was at the dentist Thursday and she said when her little girl turned two it was like she woke up one morning as a different child....I hope that doesn't happen! He didn't want to nap again, so we took him for a ride (that's what we did yesterday, too) to give ourselves a break and we went to Costco. I stayed in the car while Dan went in and he slept the whole time, thankfully. Hopefully this will all pass soon. I'm just feeling a little stressed with all that needs to be done before I go to France and all I need to do to prepare for his b-day party, etc. and I feel like I didn't get anything done this weekend!
Anyway, sorry for the long winded, venting post....it was just one of those days / weekend! I can't complain, though. I know these are relatively minor mishaps! Hope everyone else had good weekend!
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That stinks! It's especially hard since you are pregnant and it makes it hard to take anything, especially for a migraine. I always hated to take anything, even though they say some things are ok. Hope you feel better and have a good week!!
What a hard weekend. My goodness...migraines and hives?? That's hard. Let me know if you need help with anything for Gabe's party. I'd love to help! Also, I'm still waiting for Henry to take those 3-hour naps we used to talk about. Some days are definitely better than others for us, too. :-)
I hope you feel bettter!
:-) Erica
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about the migraines. Of course Gabe acting fussy doesn't help. I've actually been getting headaches the past few days, but I can't figure out what's causing it. I'm going to try and get more sleep and drink more water to see if that helps. I hope this week was better!
Post a Comment