Friday, February 02, 2007
I'm going to.....France
That's not something I thought I'd be saying anytime soon. But, my dear friend Heather presented the opportunity to me in December. She was planning to go with a group of other moms from the organization she works for, Campus Crusade for Christ. Many of the other women bring friends and family, so she asked if I'd like to go. I had a number of hesitations, primarily being away from Gabe for 8 long days, and the fact that I'm pregnant, but with lots of support from Dan I've decided to take this opportunity. I really consider it the chance of a lifetime in many ways. I've always wanted to go to Europe, and I don't think Dan's desire is as strong, so it's a good chance for me to go and spend some quality time with Feather. We'll be visiting the staff that is on site for Campus Crusade in Toulouse to lend them some support and encouragement. My understanding is that we'll be helping them with their regular campus activities and outreaches and doing some of our own interaction with students. This will be a real growing experience for me and definitely a chance to strengthen my own faith - another reason I've decided to go. All in all I'm thrilled, but a little nervous. We leave March 11 and return March 19 (we'll be spending the last one or two nights in Paris). I'll keep you posted as I learn more! This pic is of Toulouse, I think of city hall. I need to do some reading up - all I know is that it's in the southern part of France, on a river between the Atlantic and Mediterranean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YAY! I'm so excited to have you along for the adventure. I've never been to France either, so it'll be a new experience for the 3 of us - baby included. I keep picturing this next one as a girl. I'm excited for you to find out. love you
I'm so excited for you two. It sounds like a trip of a lifetime. You'll have to take lots of pics for me and just think, you'll be able to tell your next baby they've already been overseas!!
p.s. still can't wait to find out on Friday!!
I'm so glad you're going. It will definitely be the trip of a lifetime. You'll have to bring lots of pictures back for us. Just this one you posted looks beautiful!!
Post a Comment