Monday, October 30, 2006

Is it a bad word?

One of Gabe's favorite questions is "what's that?" So, when he asked as I was putting on some diaper cream, I told him, "It's for your butt." Now when I ask him what the diaper cream is for, he says, "butt," as evidenced in this video? After I taught him the word, and encouraged him to say it, I started wondering if it's an inappropriate word for a toddler?


6 comments:

Christina said...

This is just too funny. I can't believe how fast he picks things up! What other words are there?? Bottom and behind, I guess. I think it's ok...people will laugh because such a little mouth is saying it!

Anonymous said...

That's funny... You couldn't have said "bottom" : )

Anonymous said...

Sara:
I'm proud of you for saying the "real" word! Good job!

Mom (Joyce)

Anonymous said...

"Butt" is a cussing word and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for polluting that little boy's mind. I used to enjoy reading this blog, but now you have offended me to no end.

Anonymous said...

Is the "anonymous at 8:58 PM" serious? Or is this the work of Dan?!

Sally said...

That anonymous poster must be joking. Butt isn't that big a deal, but I would just make sure that he learns other more public-friendly words for it too, so he can use those instead while outside the house.