It's super cold in Chicago right now, and yesterday was the earliest measurable snowfall in Chicago EVER. As usual (actually, a little earlier than usual) we've experienced our two beautiful days of fall and have gone straight to winter. I don't mind winter up until about Christmas, then I can't wait for it to be over so we can have our two days of spring. But, a changing season is always a good time for a fresh perspective and outlook on life in general. I'm so grateful for Heather and Aaron and the way they have emphasized through their journey that keeping your eyes on the Lord is the most important thing. I have to remind myself of that. Even today I found myself caught up in and getting angry over work stuff, when I know work is not the most important thing in my life. While I think it's important to do work to the best of your ability, I just don't think it's my life's purpose. This is getting deeper and more contemplative than originally intended, but sometimes I think through these things best when I write!
Gabe is doing well. He comes up with something new every day. He learned how to say "on" and "off" yesterday with my mom, and is using lots of words and some phrases lately. Today when I was getting him dressed, he tugged at his diaper and said "pee pee." He has been asking what "that" is, so that's what we've told him. Anyway, I thought maybe he was trying to tell me he was wet, so I took the diaper off and he ran away and got up on the futon bed (we were in the spare bedroom) - very amused becuase he was just in a shirt and no diaper - and before I knew it I heard "uh oh!" and he was peeing on the bedspread! I am wondering if he is starting to know when he has to go potty? At his eighteen month checkup our doctor suggested that we start potty training and we bought a chair, so maybe we'll start trying. We'll see.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment