Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm a crawler, I'm a picker, I'm a heeaad shaker....



Caleb is 9 months old today!!! It's been an eventful couple of weeks. Last Tuesday he started officially crawling. Then Friday, when I put him down for his nap, he was super quiet and when I peeked he had pulled up to his knees in the crib - today he pulled all the way to standing! And, he got another tooth yesterday (if you're looking at him, the one on the left of the front two). He still likes to imitate us shaking our heads (hope to post a video of that soon) and as you can see from the picture, he's also learned to stick his finger up his nose. We're so proud.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

oh oh... pulling up in the crib means naps are a no-go for awhile!
He's a cutie, he must of learned the nose pick from mom : )

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, that cracked us up. Tim said, "It's nice to know that he's learning important things." The funny part about that comment is that he was serious, no joke, he said it with a completely straight face. We look forward to our little one starting to learn those "important things" as well! It won't be long until he's crawling like yours (he's just starting to scootch around on his bottom).
-Sally

Anonymous said...

This picture is just further proof that kids are what they see. I guess he's been seeing you a lot, Hon.

Dan

Amy Kate said...

Sara, I had no idea you were such a nose picker!! I'd offer advice on curbing that habit, but Charlotte is 4 and I can tell she's going to be "that kid" in school who gets mocked for picking. Plus it seems like you guys are comfortable with boogs. Or you are, anyway?

Christina said...

This is so funny! Henry is totally the nose picker too. He didn't discover it until later in his life, Caleb is really advanced! :-) But now (this is gross) he'll pick in the car and I won't know until he says "look Mommy" and I say "what is it, I can't turn around" and he says "a booger". EWWWW. Then he asks me what to do with it. Gross.

On a lighter note, how exciting that he's crawling...he's growing up. 9 months...wow!

love you all!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute picture. When the boys start burping and farting we will know that they are taking after the Hogan side of the family.
Love,
Sandi

Erica said...

Yea for Caleb!! I can't wait to see the video of Caleb shaking his head. It must be so cute.
I have no comment about the nose picking.... I know Ben will be doing this soon enough! :-)
Love,
Erica