Eclair Cake
1 lb. box graham crackers
2 small packages instant French Vanilla pudding
3 1/2 c. milk (2%)
1 - 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip
Butter bottom of 9x13 pan. Line with graham crackers. Mix pudding with milk; beat 2 minutes. Blend in Cool Whip. Pour 1/3 pudding mixture over crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers, then pudding and repeat with one more layer of graham crackers and pudding. Top with graham crackers and refrigerate 2 hours, then frost.
Frosting:
6 tbsp. cocoa
4 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. softened butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. white corn syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. milk
Beat until smooth. Spread over top. Refrigerate cake for 24 hours.
BBQ
Season a roast of your choice (we used chuck, but my mom uses a better cut I think) with garlic salt and black pepper and place it in a crock pot with one can of cream of chicken soup, one can of water, and one onion (chopped or sliced). Cook on low overnight. In the morning, remove the roast (reserve about 1 cup of the broth), shred the meat and put it back in the crock pot with about 1 cup of the broth and a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (or you can make your own, which my mom does, but I'm not that good). Let it simmer until you're ready to serve on a roll of your choice!
Also, here's a quick shot of the favor bag contents (which Christina was so complimentary of). Everything came from the dollar store except the top package of "food," which came from Factory Card Outlet.

3 comments:
Oh Bings is the best! A cheeseburger sounds awfully good! And props for the great birthday for Gabe - what a good momma :).
Thanks for posting these recipes! The eclair cake's frosting sounds a little tricky...I was thinking I could do it up until that point. I think we'll have to try to make both!!
Also, I'm glad you got a pic of the favor bag and goodies. They ARE just adorable! :-)
We loved these. Tim enjoyed the BBQ so much, he asked Dan for the recipe the next day and we made it right away. Fantastic! I also looked up a recipe on allrecipes.com for the dessert. We made that too. I'll have to compare it to this one to see if it is the same. We need to have a recipes exchange party some time. I'd love to get recipes from everyone.
Love,
Sandi
Post a Comment