We were in town this past weekend to visit Grandma and Grandpa Hogan and to got to Teara's parents' 40th wedding anniversary, and on the way in we drove past one of my favorite spots ever.
Bing's is an old fashioned drive-in on Rockford's west side. I went there a lot growing up, and the thing I love is that NOTHING has changed since I was a kid! Not even the playground with the little tiny pebbles all over. So you pull up, push the button, place your order, and a nice young lady brings it out to you in a tray that hooks on your window. They have great burgers and they make their own root beer, which is also delish.
Ahhh, memories. Now if only Rockford still had the Belford!

2 comments:
You know, I've never been. I'll have to check it out sometime.
This looks like a place Bret would love! We'll have to go there next time we're in Rockford. It's always fun to go back to favorite childhood places.
Love,
Erica
Post a Comment