Today was a big day on the potty training front! We've had a couple days this week where we've started out in underwear. He was even willing to sit on the potty occasionally, which is typically hit-or-miss. The other day, he went through a couple pairs before he started telling us when he had to pee. Well, then we put him on the potty and he got REALLY upset, so we put a diaper on him. But he didn't want to go in there now either, so he was just sad and dancing around and sortof holding that area. Finally he went in his diaper and we called it a day. I figured at least it's good that he really is aware of when he needs to go, and apparently can even hold it!
Same exact scenario for today, but after I put the diaper on him today, he went a couple of hours crying, dancing, etc. and still wouldn't even go in the diaper. Finally he took the diaper off and ran around like that for a while (still crying, etc.). He was in Caleb's room (this was all happening at Caleb's nap time, so I'd put him in his crib to try and help Gabe and he'd freak out and vice versa) and a little started to come out, but he stopped it and I ran him QUICKLY to the big potty upstairs. He was freaking out, but it started coming out and he calmed down and finally went #1 in the potty!!!! I think maybe it finally clicked, but I know this is probably just the beginning. It's progress nonetheless. I seriously almost cried for joy after all the commotion this afternoon!
He and Dan are at the store right now buying the movie "Cars," as that was the deal today for going in the potty. :-)
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
YAY! I'll cheer for that! Just the fact that he can hold it and sense when it's coming - that sounds like major progress to me. Also, it's sad that he's uncomfortable, but I think that's probably good, too because it will make him want to go on the potty. Yay for you for doing the underwear thing, I still haven't had the nerve. Yay Gabe!
Post a Comment