Gabe
37.3" - 50%
36 lb. - 75%
He's definitely averaging out, especially for height! I really was surpised that he was still in the 75% for weight; he's only gained one pound in the last year! She said that's normal at this age, though. Gabe was really friendly with the doctor and while whe was asking me questions about what his habits, eating, etc., I heard him mutting along with the conversation and saying "yeah, he eats fruit puffs, and ..." then he trailed off a bit, but it was funny. She recommended a pediatric opthamologist because Gabe still doesn't know his colors (and catches on to other things quickly). My dad is color blind (as is Dan's, but it's passed from the mom), so we are afraid he might be as well. It's also time to see the dentist! Yikes, I'm a little nervous about that one.
Caleb
47 cm - 90%
30" - 90%
24 lb. 8 oz. - 90%
He's a big boy, but we knew that. :-) No shots this time for him, which I was grateful for, just a toe prick to test hemoglobin, which was fine. He clapped on command for the doctor which was cute (because they usually don't do things when you want them to!). He's health and we'll continue the soy formula and start phasing him off the acid reflux drops over the next couple of months. She said he will still likely be fine on regular milk. He also has a couple more teeth in the last week; the fourth on the top (right - a week ago) and the third on the bottom (left - four days ago).
I was a little nervous taking them both for appointments on my own, but they both did great, so I was thankful for that, and thankful for healthy boys.

5 comments:
I think Caleb will catch and pass Gabe one of these days : )
Glad they are both well... it's interesting because at our 9 month we got 2 shots and have never had a blood test.... makes you wonder what the differences are between Dr's.
Isn't it amazing how much they grow the first year? How crazy that Gabe only gained 1 lb this year. I think Henry's passing him by, at least in weight.
I'm glad they both did well. Taking two is definitely tough! But it sounds like things went well. How funny that Gabe was muttering things in the background.
I love your new playlist by the way! Love the first song, Realize,--I've never heard it--LOVE it!
Glad to see a little D Webb on your playlist, Hon. Especially "This too shall be made right," which, as much as I'd like to think so, is not referring to the presence of Colbie Callait and Michael Buble on the same playlist.
The boys are growing up so fast! The dentist will probably not be as bad as you think. We took Cory to a pediatric dentist, the same one Dan and Christina had gone too. I don't know if there is one in Chicago near you, but ours was great. He made a big deal about the first visit, including having a special picture taken and lots of free goodies. Because they only deal with children, they know how to make the visit fun and not scary.
Love,
Sandi
Time is really flying by! It's great that you brought both boys to the appointment, and it went so well. I thought of you guys this past weekend because we got a brochure for the Brookfield zoo for a year long membership. We'll have to all go there sometime this spring/summer.
Love,
Erica
Post a Comment