Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A Thousand Words

March 2, 2011

Today's picture isn't actually from today.  It's been hanging on my fridge for some time, and was obviously taken many years ago.  I can't remember where I found it, probably in a box of things that had been at my mom's, but I love it and look at it at least once a day.

I take a lot of pictures.  And I do mean a LOT of pictures.  But ones like this make me so glad that I do.  Now, there are certain pictures that won't really be appreciated (I mean, how many pictures of flowers need to be passed down to posterity?  probably none...), but there are others that capture things that, someday, will help us remember very specific moments.

I love the moment captured by this photo.  Everyone looks so happy.  Amused, at least in part I'm guessing, by the coordination of this photo using the camera timer.  I love my sister's silly face.  My aunt's beautiful smile.  The arms of my grandparents, both of them now in heaven, wrapped lovingly around us.  The youth on my parents' faces.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and at least that many come to mind when I think about this picture and my family.  So many things have changed since then, but because of this picture, I'll always remember this moment.  And I'm thankful for that.

3 comments:

Amy Kate said...

What a great picture, Sara! This is the reason to be a shutterbug. Your boys will always be able to look back and be transported to happy times together when they were young.

PS Your parents both look just the same! You have awesome genes in your family!

PPS You also look the same!

Erica said...

This is such a happy picture. I instantly smiled when I saw it. I love that it's hanging on your refrigerator and makes you happy when you see it every day. This is a good reminder that the moment can be saved for years and years to come. It's neat seeing your parents look so young! And weird--that's us now--and someday our boys will look back and say that about us!
Love,
Erica

Teara said...

I love this picture of you all and everything you said about it is so true!

Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. And don't be surprised if I try to change your diaper. It's been ages since I've been away from the little ones and may do it just out of habit. lol