
Tonight was a special night. Gabe had his first Choral Festival at school. Each of the grades K-8 sang a couple of songs, starting with the kindergarteners. Gabe has been talking about his for a while now; I could tell he was soooo excited to sing and to have us in the audience (and also Mammow, Oma and Miss D!).
He wasn't nervous at all. Got up there and sang and did his motions with the best of 'em. And, true to form, I found myself watching all the other grades thinking, "in a year that will be Gabe." "In a couple of years, that will be Gabe..." all the way up to the deeper-voiced 8th graders. I can't even bear to think it.
But for tonight I was thankful and content to watch my little songbird sing his heart out with his fellow kindergarten classmates. And to eat ice cream afterwards. Eighth grade (and every grade in between) can wait it's turn.
{P.S. I have more pictures, the uploading of which is slowing down our instantly streaming episode of 24, so they will have to wait.}

2 comments:
What a cute little singer!! I love that he had his first concert! How adorable! It sounds like a fun night. Anything ending with ice-cream sounds just right to me!
love you!
Yay for Gabe! What a special night for him and for your family! I'm glad he enjoyed himself up there. I love his confident spirit!
Looking forward to seeing more pictures of him singing!
Love,
Erica
Post a Comment