Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Gabie!


Dear Gabe:

Happy 6th birthday!  It seems like you were born, I blinked, and now you are 6.  I can't even believe it. 

I had the best time celebrating your birthday this weekend.  From waking up to a sunny morning with your perfect six-year-old silhouette on the wall, to watching you politely open all your cards (not knowing everyone had pitched in on a larger gift), to enjoying your excitement as you opened the long-wished-for Lego Death Star, to seeing you epitomize childhood happiness as you ran around at the waterpark.....I just kept thinking about how much joy you bring to me and daddy.  We love you so very much.  How did we get so lucky to have a little boy like you?  God blessed us beyond measure when he blessed us with you.

It seems like you've grown so much over the past year.  Your face looks older to me, but you still have those big brown eyes that have looked at me since the day you were born.  You are becoming such a handsome little man.  It's been a big year for you - you started school and you've learned to read (some of those big words can still be a challenge, but you're doing great and even reading us stories at bedtime sometimes!).  You've made new friends - your "buddies" at school - and I've seen you become more confident and brave and proud of yourself everyday.

You LOVE Legos, and I'm amazed at your ability to follow the directions and put them together.  And I'm equally amazed at the way you can create fanastic things without the directions (mostly cool ships!).  We can't forget Star Wars and how much you still love all things related.  Lambie is still your night time companion, and I will never tire of the way you love to snuggle.  You have such a tender heart.

And so, my Gabiedoll, as you enter this seventh year of life, my prayer is that you continue to grow into this fine little man you are becoming.  I pray that you would grow in your faith and that daddy and I would love, support and encourage you in everything you do.  We are and will always be so proud of you.

Love you so,

Mommy

4 comments:

Ruth said...

What a wonderful post Sara! Love the picture of Gabe! Happy Belated Birthday Gabe!

Erica said...

Sara,
This is such a sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes. Gabe is a special little boy and a blessing to everyone who meets him. Ben can't stop talking about how Gabe and Caleb were here today!
We had a wonderful time celebrating his birthday!
Happy 6th Birthday, Gabe!!
Love,
Erica

Christina said...

Oh, this is so precious. Definitely made me teary eyed to read. He is really such a sweet, considerate, smart and funny little boy. We love him so much!

I love this post and thought of how precious this will be to hand these letters to Gabe one day. Ugh, more tears....

Happy 6th Birthday Gabe!
Love you,
Christina

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. We had fun at the party. Gabe is such a sweetie and I was amazed that he was so great about opening just cards. Glad he got the Death Star. Can't wait to see it next time we visit.
Love,
Sandi