Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Friendly Confines

Cubs Collage



One of the small perks of working in corporate america is getting your hands on extra company tickets every now and then. I ran into some extra tickets for yesterday's Cub's game, and was able to take my Dad and the boys. This was the boys' first trip to the Friendly Confines, a.k.a. Wrigley Field. There's nothing quite like a Cub's game on a 70 degree spring day. The weather really was perfect - cloudy and warm.



We had to partake in some ballpark treats, of course. Like hot dogs:




IMG_1690



And peanuts:



IMG_1708



And the big hit of the day, cotton candy:



cotton candy



IMG_1721



I don't think Gabe had ever had it before, at least not fresh. He said it felt like fur. :-) But he LOVED it. Caleb wouldn't go near it! He had to wear his (my) "cool guys" most of the time:



cool guy



I was thinking I would be happy if we made it through half the game, since the start was right at Caleb's nap time, but we ended up staying the whole game! The boys loved it, especially the food and singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch. Bapa was a big help in keeping them entertained and fed...he kept shelling peanuts for Caleb. He may not have liked the cotton candy, but he LOVED the peanuts. :-)



It was truly a great day. Even if the Cubs lost! Here's a link to the rest of the pics, and a few more of my faves below.



IMG_1686

IMG_1695

IMG_1727

IMG_1747

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time and I love your collage.
love ya,
Sandi

The Jones Family said...

Great pictures! Those are awesome - I've got to get that camera :).

Anonymous said...

I love the collage as well! What a wonderful day with your dad and the boys! Great memories!! Love, Ruth