On the way, we had to make a pit stop for a potty break and also picked up a special snack: some skittles (he had also eaten a few other pieces of his halloween candy earlier that day....keep this in mind for later in the story). We then pressed on and arrived just in time for the big show.
It was definitely a lot of fun. The story line was just so-so, but they sang a lot of the silly songs, which are our (my) favorite and the costumes, etc. were really great. They even had back-up dancers and choreographed dances! Gabe said something to me the next morning like "so, how did they come out of the TV?" I think he was trying to figure out how they were there in person. Although he informs me they were "just costumes," so I guess he figured it out. Stinker.
When we got there a ton of kids were holding and waving these little flashlight things, but he didn't say anything, so neither did I. I saw them selling them up and down the aisle, but I didn't bring any cash and figured we'd be OK. Then at intermission Gabe wanted to go look at the table we saw on the way in with all the souveniers, etc. We were browsing at the overpriced goods and just about to walk away when the guy behing the table looked at Gabe and said "Hey, how about one of these lights?!" to which he, of course, replied, "Yeah!" TEN DOLLARS. For the little light. Thanks, guy. :-) But Gabe loved it, so it was fine.
After that we had a special pancake dinner at IHOP and headed home. And this is where I hope you've remembered the skittles I mentioned earlier. I got on the expressway around Elmhurst and literarlly RIGHT as I was merging on, he tells me he needs to throw up. Yikes! He was getting really sad and I was able to give him a big zip lock bag to hold while I tried to pull off. I pulled off and pulled over on 1st Ave., but no puke. So we kept pressing on and right on lake street in River Forest he was like, "Mommy, hold me!" So I pulled over, went back there, took him out of the seat and he puked right in to the bag....and maybe a little everywhere else, too. He has a really sensitive stomach when it comes to sweets and almost always throws up when he's had too much candy.
I was so sad for him and sad that our night had ended that way, but we still had fun and I would definitely recommend the show if it comes to your area. Just be warned about those blasted lights. :-)
THE Bob and Larry
Mr. Lunt, Jimmy, Jerry and Junior
The light!
More Skittles at intermission.....oops!

3 comments:
Oh, what a good date night (outside of the puking)! I hope he got it out of his system and then felt better right away. Poor little guy.
Isn't it nice to have some one-on-one time? It seems so rare that one has a chance to enjoy it!
Your date night sounds like so much fun! (And I'm with Amy---too bad his stomach got upset, poor thing!) How awful of that sales man to target the children---hahaha, he knew what he was doing with those $10 lights!! The parents would never go for them otherwise :-)
It looks like it was well worth it though. How fun! Henry would love to see the dancing veggies in person.
Sounds like you had fun. I'm glad that you had a chance to spend some one-on-one time with Gabe. The souvenirs at those events are always bad. Way overpriced and they break so quickly, but it is hard to resist when the kids are so excited about them. I wish they would have had something like this when Cory was little. The closest we came was two people dressed like Bob and Larry at the Christian book store selling the videos.
love ya,
Sandi
Post a Comment