Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gaberelli




Like his younger brother, Gabe keeps us laughing. I've been wanting to document a couple of recent conversations that made us smile.


Last week when "Dancing with the Stars" was on he was like "Mommy, it's your favorite show!" (sad but true). But the funny part was when Dan asked him if he could dance like that, to which he replied, "No, because I don't have a lady."

Grandma Sandi came to visit a couple weeks ago and we knew she was bringing a baby kitty she is taking care of. The morning she was to arrive, he woke up and said, "Guess what's downstairs? A little kitty!" At which point we told him that Grandma Sandi wasn't here yet, and then he proceeded to explain that she had mailed him the kitten and that it was on the rug downstairs. He didn't believe us, so went downstairs to see for himself. He came back up and said, "I was just teasin'." He obviously had a dream that the kitten had arrived by mail! It broke my heart a little bit when he came back upstairs with the cover that he was "just teasin'." :-)

He's been loving to listen to music on Dan's MP3 player, but keeps calling it "the ABC player."

The other day he and Dan were talking about something (wish I could remember) and at some point Dan said, "What's the story with that?" to which Gabe replied, "That's the story of life!"


In other news, we finally took him to the opthamologist, who confirmed that he is likely "red/green deficient," which I guess means he has trouble seeing those colors, which seems pretty accurate. She said it's hard to tell at this age, and they can probably check again when he's older. The pic above is of the glasses he had to wear when we left...they did a full eye exam and even dialated his pupils! He did great for the whole exam and his vision is great.

He's also been battling a nasty cough for the last three weeks or so. We landed in the immediate care last Weds after he became inconsolable and wouldn't tell us what was wrong. Turns out he had a really bad ear infection and possible pneumonia, but the doctor confirmed the next day after talking to the radiologist that there is no pneumonia, so that's good news. He's definitely on the mend, but it was so sad to see him standing there in his little Superman underpants while they took his chest x-ray! The made him wear this tiny little lead apron in front of his..you-know-whats to protect from the radition. He did great, though, and I'm glad they took the x-rays just so we could be sure.

Hopefully he'll be 100% for the holidays...we have a track record of illnesses on the holidays, so fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Teara said...

Gabe has such a cute personality! I know he is going to be super smart, just like you. Let's just hope he doesn't put off writing papers until the last minute, like you did in high school. =0)

See you guys soon!

Teara

Anonymous said...

Gabe would have been great on the "Kids say the Darndest Things" show. I love his comments. I'm glad that he is feeling better.
Love ya,
Sandi

Erica said...

Gabe has such a sweet, fun personality. I can't believe what he comes up with. He's wise beyond his years..."That's the story of life!" :-)

I'm glad he's feeling better now and is pneumonia-free, but how heartbreaking to see him so sick.