Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Whaaaaat?

I'm going to start with an easy one...

Gabe had been needing a haircut for some time, and my mom and I usually end up taking him on a Wednesday night out to Yorktown to the little Snippets place (little kid salon where they sit in cars, watch DVDs, etc.). I never make an appointment and it's usually not a problem, but when we took him a couple of weeks ago, there was like a 45 minute wait (2 people with appointments ahead of us). We decided to shop around a bit (Gabe had actually fallen asleep on the way and continued to sleep after being transferred to the stroller). When we came back after 45 minutes (and a new outfit from Ann Taylor LOFT), they lady told me there was still another 40 mintues and 2 people to wait??!! I was too frustrated for words, but did tell her that if I would have known that in the first place, I would have just left. Anyway, we went home frustrated, but I did have the new cute outfit. :-)

Flash forward to last week when I decided to take him for his first "big boy" haircut at the Cost Cutters in Oak Park. I figured it would be cheaper and quicker, and thought he would probably do fine. Dan actually ended up taking him, though I was nervous that he wouldn't explain that it shouldn't be too short, shouldn't be shaved, etc. Well, this is what he came home with:



Apparently Dan explained to the lady that I was a little particular about his hair, so she:

a.) BARELY took any off, and
b.) thought it would be funny to play a little trick on mommy and give him a mohawk!
He thought it was pretty funny, and I thought it was pretty cute, but then decided he wanted it washed out right away (which took some work!). Dan said he did great and sat really still, but as I was giving him a bath he was like, "I want to go back to the place with the cars."

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute story!

Amy Kate said...

Hooray for posts!! My days have been so long...
I think Gabe is adorable with the mohawk!! Not all kids could pull it off, but the mohawk and an ice cream cone picture is cute!

Anonymous said...

He reminds me of Sam, Cory's friend down the street, but it is not dyed red and black. Maybe next time. Loved the pictures.
Love, Sandi

Erica said...

I LOVE the mohawk! Too funny!