Thursday, July 03, 2008

Um....I'm definitely no Bakerella...

...but I did have fun trying. Christina introduced me to Bakerella's blog a while back - she makes the cutest stuff! While I was at Michael's last week looking for some things for Caleb's party, I took a trip down the candy aisle and got a bug to try some things. I tried her cupcake bites / pops as well as just the cake pops. It's not quite as easy as she makes it look, but after thinning my almond bark with some shortening, things got a little bit better. I'm thinking of doing some of the cake pops for Caleb's party (imagine that the stiching in the pic below is red :-)). I also got some candy molds, which are fun and Gabe has been wanting to make "candy" everyday. These pics exclude some of the mess-ups, most of which got eaten. I'm also not as good at taking pics as she is..... :)


I will say they actually taste really good - it's just red velvet box mix (prepared and run through the food processer to turn it into crumbs) and a can of pre-made frosting. Anyway, it is actually really therapeutic to do things like this and I wish I took more time to do "hobby" type stuff because it's a good de-stresser!






5 comments:

Christina said...

These are AWESOME!! Honestly if I didn't know better with that first picture I would have thought that cake pop was straight off Bakerella's blog. They turned out perfect....they're so adorable! The baseballs will be so cute!

We can't wait to see you all at Caleb's party!

Love you!

Amy Kate said...

They are amazing! I'm super impressed, actually, and need to check out how those are made. Never mind that it's 10:30pm, it's going through my head to make them for tomorrow!

Jamie said...

Very cute.... who knew you had such a crafty side hidden away all these years. Next cookie bake-off you're going to give Heather a run for her money : )

Jamie

Erica said...

I'm so impressed! The cupcakes and candy look great.
I would love to make these so you'll have to tell me how you did this (with lots of details!)

See you soon!
Happy Birthday, Caleb!!!
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

They look adorable. Sounds like Gabe had a great time making them too. It is always fun to do a crafty type thing with your kids.
Love,
Sandi