Tuesday, January 16, 2007
16-Week Check-Up
I had my sixteen week check-up at the doctor this morning. Everything checked out fine and we got to listen to the heartbeat which is always fun. They haven't told me what the heart rate is yet (I also haven't asked), so I can't speculate whether it's boy or girl, but I don't really remember how that wive's tale goes anyway (I think faster is girl and slower is boy?). My blood pressure, etc. are good and I've gained 5 pounds so far. Hopefully I can keep the weight in check! I also got the order for the ultrasound, which they told me not to do until a couple of days before my 20-week appointment. :-( I was hoping I might be able to jump the gun a little bit if they gave me the order today, but no such luck. :-) I'm definitely anxious to find out what the baby is, which, as my doctor said today, is probably going to jinx me when it comes time to find out. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't believe how this pregnancy is going to fly by for you!
I'm also excited to find out what your next little one is. I'm thinking boy, but I was wrong the first time so who knows.
Keep us posted!
I can't wait for the ultrasound! 16 weeks already...it doesn't seem possible...it's starting to fly.
So I'm thinking girl, but we'll see! If you're not able to find out at your appt...there is a place here called Baby Reflections where they can do a gender ID for $50...and for a bit more you can get a 4d ultrasound and dvd. Charlie had one..very fascinating. Just as a back up if they can't id!
Post a Comment