Monday, July 17, 2006

Fifteen (and a half) Month Stats

Gabe had his fifteen-month check-up today (even though he's technically about 15 1/2 months). He weighed in at 28.2 pounds and 33 inches long. His head circumference is still off the charts, but they're not really concerned about it anymore. His height and weight are in the 90th percentile, so if those were lower, his head would probably be "on the charts." He's just a big boy all around! He did pretty well for the appointment, but it's definitely getting harder to keep him occupied and still, especially when the doctor takes a while. He also hated being prodded, particularly with the little ear scope light thing. All in all he's a health boy. Two shots today, and I'm pretty sure they said that would be it until kindergarten, which is great because he just HATED it and the nurse had me hold his leg down as tight as I could (he still managed to squirm and move..I think she wasn't that impressed with my restraint abilities). But as soon as the shots were done, he was fine and has been in a good mood this afternoon.

1 comments:

Christina said...

That is great that there are no more shots until kindergarten. They really load them up in the first year, but then it's nice that there's a long break. Especially now that they're (the babies)understanding what's going on at the doctor's office. It sounds like Gabe did really well. It's so hard to hold them down because you feel so bad. That nurse sounded mean! I'm really curious to see what Henry's stats are at his 1 yr. appt...next week :-( Hard to believe. I think he's catching up with Gabe, although Gabe is really long. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!