Saturday, July 01, 2006

About the haircut...

I was kindof in a hurry when I uploaded the haircut pics, so I didn't really get to tell the story. We took Gabe for his first haircut a week ago yesterday. It had been pretty long for a while, and was hanging way over his ears and neck (and looking a little mullet-ish). Part of the reason I had waited so long was that I didn't know where to take him, so I did a little research online and found this place called KidSnips (they have several locations in the area so we took him to the one at Oak Brook). They are geared toward kid haircuts and first haircuts; they also are a toy store, so there is plenty around to entertain! Each station had a little car for the seat and was equipped with a TV/VCR and about every kid video you can imagine.

First, though, he fell asleep in the car on the way there at about 5:45, and kept sleeping while we took him out, walked up the stairs to the second level, and down the corridor to KidSnips. He was still sleeping (first pic below), so they let us push our appointment back. After looking through the Sharper Image and sitting on a bench for a while, he woke up and we got started. He really liked the car and we popped in a Veggie Tales video. He was doing really well, but got sad about half-way through and started pushing the stylist's hands away. A juice box calmed him down and got us through the rest without a hitch.

They did a great job and even gave him a "first haircut" certificate with a lock of his hair and a polaroid photo. It was slightly sad, but I like it much better short and cleaned up. So, that's the story of the first haircut. Also, the photos below are in the wrong order....the first one is waiting while he was sleeping, the second was him looking in the mirror during the cut, the third was the finished product and the last one is her just getting started.

0 comments: