Sunday, February 19, 2006

Nice Naps

Gabe has been taking nice naps again lately. He used to be pretty good about taking 1.5 - 2 hour naps in the morning and afternoon, but then we went through a spell after we moved where they just weren't as long and it was definitely harder to get him down. Lately, he's been going down much easer and sleeping for around 1.5 hours again, which is nice. I do agree with the "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" philosophy that getting them down before they're overtired is key. I've been trying to get him down earlier and it seems to be helping.

It's so wierd how much of an impact him sleeping or not sleeping has on me. I feel so much less stressed when he is sleeping well, and so anxious, etc. when he's not.

We skipped church today after getting home late last night. Today we ran some errands and went grocery shopping, and tonight we had friends over for dinner and made chicken enchiladas - yum. Back to work tomorrow. :-(

1 comments:

Christina said...

I completely agree about the sleeping or not sleeping having such an impact on me. When Henry sleeps well through the night or takes great naps, I feel so happy and relieved and almost like I accomplished something or was successful. But then when we have our rough spells (and there have been some rough spells lately!) I feel so anxious and like I've failed. I know we just talked about this, but reaching the sleeping through the night milestone is really great but doesn't mean that you're in the clear. There will be bumps in the road for many years to come. Yikes!