Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cafe Le Coq

Tonight was our belated Valentine's Day. Dan surprised me on Tuesday by arranging for his cousin Meredith to come babysit for us tonight so we could go out - something we haven't done alone for a long time!

We went to a French place in Oak Park called Cafe Le Coq (http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/barsandclubs/43913,0,2008091.venue). It's a place I've been wanting to go to ever since I saw it on "Check Please" (a show on PBS about Chicago restaurants). It was delicious! Even Dan liked it, which is unusual when we go to more "quaint" type places. I had gnocchi filled with a pumpkin filling with a sage cream sauce, and Dan had steak with blue cheese crumbles and a blue cheese sauce. And before dinner they brought us pumpkin and brie soup, which was also delicious!

It was nice to spend an evening together. I think Gabe had fun with Meredith, too. So much fun that he didn't want to go to bed! He went right to sleep when we got home, though.

0 comments: