Saturday, February 17, 2018

Happy 9th Birthday, Caleb!

Dear Caleb,

Your 9th birthday was during some tough times. Aunt Judy was not doing well and we also found that our dear Meow was gravely ill while you and Daddy were at Camp Paradise. But in spite of it all, your birthday gave us joy as we celebrated YOU and all the ways you make our family special.  You are a bright, thoughtful kid who is so determined and focused on things that interest you.  You are becoming a rubik's cube master and made it through your first year of kid-pitch baseball (though you are vowing NOT to play again :-) ).  We celebrated your birthday at our house with family and a "Nerf" theme - you and the cousins had a lot of fun!  Turning 9 means you're halfway to 18 and my heart can hardly handle that, but the joy you bring to our family is something I'm thankful for each day.  I pray God gives you strength, peace and courage in the coming year and always.

I love you,

Mom

0 comments: