Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Year In Review - Q1

 
January
 
In January we started to say goodbye to Circle Urban Ministries. We reminisced about the amazing work Dan had been involved in there over the prior 12 years and are thankful for that chapter of our lives, but excited about what lies ahead.
 
 
 

 
 
Grandma Sandi and Cory visited, and Cory showed off his Asian cooking skills with an amazing tofu dish.
 

 
 
 
We celebrated Oma's birthday.
 
 
And the grandparents got to visit the boys' school for Grandparents / Grandfriends day!
 





 
 
February
 
We visited the Garfield Park Conservatory.
 
 
 
 
The boys got to meet the mayor as part of their park district basketball team (Caleb was too shy to be in the picture!).
 
 
We played in the snow.
 
 
 
Gabe placed 9th in the Cub Scout's Annual Pinewood Derby.
 
 

 
We marked a momentous occasion when Caleb agreed to give me a kiss (if you know him, you know that is a BIG deal!).
 
 
We participated in one of our favorite Hogan family traditions - Pazcki day (sp?!).  :-)
 
 
And we celebrated Valentine's Day with a pancake party! (Dan and I got this pancake party kit as a wedding gift!)
 

 
We played more basketball (including their first game where Gabe scored on an assist from Caleb!).



 

 
And we went sledding!
 

 
 
March
 
A overnight in the city with my college besties (Coco Pazzo Café and Howl at the Moon).
 
 
Special overnight at the Museum of Science and Industry for the boys.
 
 
 

 
More playing in the snow!
 

 
I made my first quilt for the school fundraising auction (not the finest craftsmanship, but I got it done!).
 
 

 
Happy St. Patrick's Day - crepes (breakfast) and corned beef (dinner).
 

 
Lots of festivities to celebrate Gabe's 8th birthday (friend basketball party, celebrating at home, Medieval Time and more celebrating with family)!
 


 
 
 

 


 


 
Happy Easter!
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to recap the year - but didn't realize it was just Q1. :) Looks like lots of fun. Looking forward to the rest.

Sara said...

Thanks, Lynette! I was thinking I'd do a "quick" post with one picture to highlight each month, but once I got into it I couldn't choose! So, quarterly it is. :-)

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.