Wednesday, August 07, 2013

New Couch and Slipcovers

So after 12 years of marriage,  Dan and I bought our first new piece of furniture (other than Ikea bookshelves!). We have always had hand-me-downs and second-hand furniture, but are the proud owners of a new grey velour tufted sofa.  Perhaps this new couch leans strongly toward my taste,  but what can I say?  I fell in love. And it folds down into a bed... bonus!

For the rest of the furniture, we ordered custom slipcovers from a shop in Oak Park. They are removable and washable and with two small kids and a giant dog,  I think that feature will come in handy. I am really impressed with the workmanship (he spent the better part of a day here custom cutting each piece) and would definitely recommend Slipcovers Plus if you're in the market.

Now to train the dog to stay of the furniture!



3 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh so pretty!!! Love the tufted couch!!

Sandi said...

It is beautiful. Good luck with the dog. I'd just like to teach the cat to throw up on the linoleum instead f the rug. Love you guys.

Christina said...

So beautiful! I love your new couch!!! It's amaze! Looks super comfy too. And good choice of slipcovers--so neat how everything is transformed!