Friday, July 19, 2013

To Caleb For Your Sixth Birthday




Dear Caleb,

It's been  nearly two weeks now since you turned 6 and so far it suits you just fine.  Me on the other hand?   I'm not so sure.  I'd be perfectly content to keep you 5 forever, but that wouldn't really be fair, would it?  In my heart I'm happy that we've had another year for which to be thankful, and what a year it has been! 

You started and finished kindergarten while you were five and you didn't mess around.  You got right in there and learned to read like it was no big deal.  And math...you're great at that, too.  You made lots of great friends, especially Andrew, your very best bud. 

You still love basketball and play lots in the backyard, but you've taken a liking to baseball lately, too, and have been asking to take classes.  With your birthday money, you wanted to get (and got) a baseball helmet, baseball socks, baseball belt and baseball underpants! 

You also still love all things Mario, which explains our party theme this year, and you love to play Mario Kart with Daddy.  This summer, you are doing a great job of reading books to earn video game time (and that makes mommy feel a little better!).

Kisses are still wiped off immediately, but even though you don't like hugs and kisses, you are still a cuddle bug.  You still love Mommy and Daddy to snuggle with you at bedtime, and you still keep "day day" close. 

I love you so much, Cay Cay.  My life would not be the same without you.  You are genuine and joyful and persistent and smart and handsome.  I love watching you grow and seeing you become more and more "you" each day.  I'm so blessed to be your mommy. 

As I sit in your bed now and you've fallen asleep, so peaceful and perfect,  I'm excited and hopeful to think what this next year will have in store for you.  I pray that you will continue to grow and learn and do all the  things that six-year olds are supposed to do.  And I will watch and be thankful as each day goes by.

I love you.

Mommy






0 comments: