Monday, May 28, 2012

First Harvest of the Season


We ate the first garden harvest of the season with dinner tonight - spinach and kale.  The garden is coming along this year; we replaced our big raised bed with two new ones, and Dan also put a couple in on the opposite side of the yard.  I have high hopes for my spearmint this year; I am hoping it will flourish in its new box (thanks for the tip, Sandi), so I can have mint tea and mint syrup in abundance!

We had a great, low-key weekend just getting some things done around here.  Hope you had a good one, too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once you plant mint you will never get rid of it.... I have a "box" of it too and it comes up all around it, under and the in the box next to it. If you need some, I have plenty!
I made my 1st ever batch of mint jelly with some last week.

Jamie