Monday, July 16, 2012
Happy 5th Birthday, Caleb!
Dear Caleb,
It's been a little over a week since you turned 5 and I still can't believe it! You are no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, no longer a preschooler....you are such a big boy and now almost a kindergartener!
You have grown so much over the past year, as always. This year you took some very big steps. You started preschool, which was a little scary at first. In the beginning you complained every morning about going, but as time went on you became more and more brave and we were so proud of you. And then you made some great friends. I loved watching you play with your buddies. And your teacher told us how smart and well-behaved you were. But we knew that already. :-)
And then you went to summer camp at your new school. That was a little scary, too, but you again made friends and your teacher told us you are definitely ready for kindergarten! This is such an exciting time for you and Daddy and I are so happy that you are doing well. You are great at math and can spell quite a few words.
You LOVE basketball now and for your birthday we had a whole basketball party with a bunch of people who really love you. We had so much fun celebrating you and watching you enjoy your party. It's hard to believe this spring you could barely get the mini basketball to the rim and now you are shooting with the big ball - no problem!
You are persistent when you want to accomplish something. Like when you wanted your very own library card a few weeks ago but couldn't write your first AND last name for the librarian. You came home, practiced, and went back that very same day for your very own card. That determination and persistence is a quality I love in you and that will serve you well throughout your life.
The sweetest and funniest things come out of your mouth sometimes (along with some of the loudest sounds ever - you love sound effects!). Every time I put you in the bath (now shower), I say, "uno, dos, tres..." to which you reply "quat-fa-fuss!" I have no idea what it means (maybe your version of quatro?), but you say it every time and I love it. I love your "mmm's" when you are really thinking about something. Like, "Mommy, mmm, are booty cheeks real?"
You still hate kisses and wipe them off immediately, so now sometimes we do high fives instead.
But sometimes I can't resist trying to sneak one; tonight you caught me and said "don't you dare!" We'll work on that one.
You have quite a few snugglies, though "day day" is still your fave. Others include Scarf, Bear Bear, Fishy, Bear Bear Bear and Pacman. You still love Mommy and Daddy to snuggle with you at bedtime and have a hard time falling asleep. We are working on that one, too (though deep down I love those snuggles!).
We love you so much, Cay Cay. We are proud of the boy you are becoming and I look forward to seeing you grow even more this year. I thank God for you and ask for His blessing and protection for you always. I pray that He would draw you to Himself and that you would feel His love is a real way.
I pray that Mommy and Daddy would be the very best parents we can be. And I pray that you will grow big and strong and healthy. And I'm so thankful that you have.
Happy 5th birthday!
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh, Sara -- this is such a sweet letter. It made me tear up reading through. Caleb is such a sweet and special little boy and I love all of these sentiments about him at the sweet age of 5. "Bear Bear" and "Bear Bear Bear" made me laugh :)It's so neat that you spent time doing this, you will always remember these special things now.
Happy Birthday Caleb! We love you very much!
Love,
Christina
Post a Comment