Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2011 In Review: Adele

{Riviera}
{Open seating = Long line}
{Almost to the entrance!}
{Waiting for the show to begin}
{Adele on stage...opening song}
{With the full band (those hanging shapes are vintage lamp shades - LOVE!)}





So, this wasn't on my recap list, but I'm not sure how I forgot; it was certainly a highlight for 2011.  For my birthday this year - after some not so subtle hinting -  Dan got me tickets to see on of my very favorite musicians - Adele (OK, so as of late she is one of EVERYONE'S favorite musicians - I think she's nominated for something like 8 grammy awards, including Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal album....you get the idea).


Needless to say I was thrilled and couldn't wait for the actual event.  It was a really small venue with general seating, so I knew it would be an intimate setting and rare opportunity to see this {quickly} rising start.  We got a sitter, met up after work for some delicious Ethiopian food and walked over to the Riviera.  As you can see from the picture above, the general seating led to a REALLY long line, like more than half-way around a city block.  But it was a decent night and we didn't mind the wait {and people watching!}. 


Finally we entered and found some seats in the first balcony.  The opening act was a little off-beat - not really my fave - but once Adele came on.....oh my.  Her voice is even more amazing in person.  A-mazing.  I loved every minute of it - totally captivating.  Toward the middle of the show we looked over at the "muppet seats" and realized the mayor was in attendance, bopping his head like Night at the Roxbury.  Rahm could use some new moves, but I digress.  Clearly he has good taste in music. 


Shortly after this show she canceled the remainder of her US tour due to illness, and then cancelled her entire reamining tour to have vocal chord surgery.  I feel even luckier to have caught this show and seen her live!



1 comments:

Christina said...

Ooh, this post is giving me Spring fever! I love that you had the chance to do this. Things about your post I am also loving are your sunglasses and Liberty of London shirt -- adorbs!

Love you!
Christina