Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy SEVENTH Birthday, Gabe!


Dear Gabie,

Happy 7th birthday!  To type, or even say, "seven" seems so strange.  Another year has come and gone - this one faster than the last.  Tomorrow when you wake, you will be a full 7 years old - and not just the 6 and 99 quarters you said you were tonight. 

What a weekend we had!  Full of celebration and fun with those who love you.  You are a blessed boy, and I am so blessed to be your mother.  You are smart and witty and silly.  You love music and dancing (thus your music-themed party this weekend!), and you have rhythm and dance moves that I know you didn't get from me!

You are one of the most thoughtful boys I've met - always giving us notes and drawings that show you love us and have a caring heart.  You are super successful as a first grader - you can read anything you want now and have only missed one spelling word the entire year.  You can even spell "leprechaun."   And your teacher tells us you are a friend to everyone.  That makes us very, very proud. 

You continue to be a great big brother; you and Caleb are very blessed to have one another. When you and your brother laugh and play together, and when you take time to teach or show him something, my heart almost bursts with joy and pride. 

Last week you walked in to school and up to class by yourself. I had to choke back tears as you strolled confidently in, backpack and all, barely looking back. It hit me like a ton of bricks, but how could I not be grateful for each and every day...even if it means you growing up and becoming more independent? That's the way it is supposed to go, and so it goes for us. And I am so thankful to God.

As you begin this new year, know that mommy and daddy and Cay Cay love you very, very much.  We are so proud and thankful that you are part of our family.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Erica said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Gabe! I can't believe he's 7 years old!
Your sweet note to Gabe brought tears to my eyes. He's an amazing little boy who's not so little anymore. It's hard to believe how quickly each year passes, but at the same time, a joy to see how he's growing up and changing and becoming his own person.
You are a beautiful family, and we miss you guys!
Wish we could have celebrated with all of you on Sunday.
Lots of love,
Erica

Christina said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest, smartest and most kind little 7-year old boy I know! You are a very special boy, Gabe and we are thankful for you! We can't wait to see what the next year brings!

This picture is darling and Gabe's party was so much fun. I absolutely love the bright rainbow color decor and the perfectly fitting music theme (the microphone cupcakes stole the show).

We love you!