Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hello!

collage

Just popping in to say hello (Dad!)! We are alive and well here! Since it's almost May, I suppose I will suspend the "2011 Recap" and get on board with 2012.

Here are a few things worth mentioning and remembering:

Dan is just finishing up the first semester of his MBA work. Literally studying feverishly for his accounting final in the other room as we speak. He has ROCKED this semester. I knew he was smart, but his is super smart - like 100s on papers and tests and quizzes smart. We are so proud of him, and I think he really enjoys learning and being a student again.

Gabe is enjoying life as a 7-year old. One of his favorite pastimes lately is to draw these really detailed mazes. Currently he is working on a "20-page maze," an so far he is about 8-taped-together-sheets-of-paper in. He's also really gotten into Bey blades since getting some for his birthday. And even more in to cold, hard cash. He loves having cash in his wallet and counting it, and today he even held a "sale" here at the house, trying to sell some of his old things for extra dough. Those old things being a few staples, a rock, a bouncy ball, a sheet of stickers, and a Happy Meal toy he tried to sell to Caleb for $20. He walks into school on his own now, and my heart nearly melted yesterday as I watching him hold the door for the two girls walking in behind him.

Caleb has really grown a lot this year. School has been great for him - the other day I couldn't help but notice how he made small talk with another school mate while he hung his jacket up, "we had to wear our winter coats again today, Ethan!" And he's taking swimming (so is Gabe) and doing great in the water without us. He's also working feverishly to learn how to ride a two-wheeler (as is his older brother). He is really good at trying without getting frustrated - an impressive trait for a four-year old. He continues to loves puzzles (including a 300-piece "Space" puzzle he and Dan bought and put together this week), and he can literally beat everyone in the house at Mario vs. Luigi. He also still loves playing games, favorites usually being checkers and pick up sticks.

As for me, well, you know. I'm in a wanting-to-get-a-million-things-done-at-once mode, and we know how that goes. I've been reading (SHOCK!) on my new Kindle Fire (thanks, hon!) - so far Eat To Live (gave me the push to make some drastic changes to my eating habits and work on being healthier) and Heaven is Here, the memoirs of Stephanie Nielsen (amazing story and really inspiring and honest). I'm finding what all of you already know - reading has been a great way to relax. Who thought I'd go from no reading (like literally NO reading), straight to e-reading? Not me, that's for sure.

We are looking forward to a leisurely summer. Dan won't have classes and that will make things a little more relaxed. We have declared this the "year of the yard." After the siding project and a full summer with a dog (who likes to dig), we are excited to pretty things up again and have already have some new garden boxes in and the first round of seeds are coming up. The boys begged to make our summer list today - a little early, but maybe we can get a jump start on what is already a nice, long list.

Hope you all are doing well - hope to be posting more regularly now that the semester is over and I might have more time at the computer. Dan got me Photoshop Elements for my birthday, so I'm also working on learning that and hoping it will make the photo editing and posting a little easier.

Have a great week!

0 comments: