We checked in and started with gifts...a mini Keurig (which are on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond, BTW...half-off!). I think I have a thing for giving Keurig's as gifts, but they are always a hit! :-)

Then we walked to dinner at 1492 Tapas Bar. It was really good and was in a cool old mansion. Then we came back and celebrated with cupcakes from Sugar Bliss and rented "It's Complicated" on pay-per-view. I love these pictures of my mom blowing out her candle.,,
Aren't these cupcakes beatutiful? And packaged so nicely. I have to tell you something, though...they weren't that good! The cake part was really dry...and the frosting was just OK. But they sure were cute! :-)
Saturday we slept in, got a box of coffee and muffin tops from the Corner Bakery next door, and then headed out for some shopping at Anthropologie and some of the other shops in Block 37 (suprisingly, I had no idea what was in there, and I only work a couple blocks away...there's even a L'Occitane!).
It was a fabulous weekend and a nice restful time with my mom and sis! Happy birthday, Mom!




1 comments:
Love all of these pictures. What a special tradition you and your mom and sister have.
That is surprising about those cupcakes...they look like blissful yumminess!! DId they tape the candle to the box for the birthday celebration? So cute! The packaging totally makes up for the dryness! haha!
Post a Comment