Starting with a trip to Target....whenever he gets in a cart and it's cold (i.e. the cart has been outside) he asks me to use my "sweater" (a.k.a. scarf) to cover up the metal bar so he can hang on. I did it once, and it's created a bit of a habit. :-) But, it also protects him from the germs, so that's good. I should just get the cart cover Grandma Sandi made back out!
While browsing the kids section, my eye met these ADORABLE little suits for Easter. It was fate; meant to be...I couldn't pass them up. They are seersucker with little white oxfords and little coral ties with sailboats on them. What I've always dreamed of putting my little boys in for Easter. So, I splurged on them. After all, the bunny sweaters have had their run....and I rarely buy clothes for the boys. We are blessed with lots of clothes as gifts and don't have to buy much...can you tell I'm trying to rationalize spending the $50 for these? :-)
After Target we hit the Mickey D's drive-thru for lunch (including a Shamrock Shake!). Then it was off to Home Depot. I read here that the Ralph Lauren paint line was being discontinued and that they were currently half off. I found this to be true, but all that was left were the little tiny cans. :-( But, I did peruse the new Martha Stewart line...LOTS of pretty colors there. I'm looking for a blue for the kitchen (to match my dishes, and also inspired by this pic) and then I'm thinking about a grey for the entry / stairway / hall. Any thoughts (not that you can really see the colors in this pic!)?
And since I'm always up for a trip to Trader Joe's (more on my obsession with TJ's later...), we went there next. Caleb used a little cart to do our shopping. So stinkin' cute....
And then home again. A nice day with my baby boy.
P.S. Sorry for the absence! Our phone / internet line was broken for a couple of days (despite messages we kept getting saying it was "repaired and working")...that, coupled with general laziness and I've fallen behind again. But, stay tuned, I've just uploaded a bunch of pics and am motivated to catch up (and I will finish the San Fran trip!!).





5 comments:
$25 for a whole outfit each is not bad!! You'd spend more trying to buy a sweater or vest and pants. And who knew Target carried suits for little boys?? Never seen that, very cute too : )
They had tons of adorable three-piece outfits there...some sweater/polo/pant sets, some suit sets, but all super cute.
Oh, Sara, what a perfect day with your sweet baby boy!! And yay!! A post! I was so.close to becoming that blog stalker that begged you to post.....
Thanks for saving me :-)
So many things...
1. Those "shopper in training" carts at Trader Joes. The absolute sweetest! Caleb is such a little doll pushing his. I can imagine William crashing into people and things. Good job, Caleb!
2. I love those paint colors...or at least your intentions, since I can't be completely sure of the colors from the pic :-) I'm really loving grey right now and I think you'd pull of both grey and blue beautifully!
3. THOSE EASTER SUITS!! The seersucker. The oxfords. The CORAL ties WITH sailboats. I'm in LOVE! And I agree with Jamie. $25 each seems like a steal for all of those separates. If their cousins end up having quadruplet matching suits, don't be surprised :-) :-)
Love you and YAY, so glad you're back!
Christina
BTW, aren't the Shamrock shakes just too good to resist? Glad to see we're in good company! (and Caleb in the shopping cart with your scarf is so adorable!)
They are SOO good...and now they come with whipped cream and a cherry? Yummmmm...
Post a Comment