
A year ago today, we descended on sunny San Francisco. And since I never posted about our trip, why not on the one year anniversary. Quite frankly, I'm wishing I was back there right now! And I was inspired by Christina's posts about their Hawaii trip to get these posts done and officially memorialized.
Last year Dan was invited to do a session at a mentoring conference in San Fransico. He had done a session here in Chicago on building free websites, and someone in that session coordinates the San Francisco conference and asked him to participate. So, since his half was paid for, I decided to tag along and we made an nice Thursday - Monday trip out of it. The boys stayed in Rockford with my mom and Joyce; it was the first time we'd been away since Gabe was 15 months or so.
When we landed in San Fran, we couldn't take in enough of the warm, sunny, 65 degree air. We were instantly refreshed, having come from the cold Chicago winter. We hopped off the plane, picked up our rental car, and headed out to explore.

We weren't quite sure where we were headed. We felt wild and free, and decided to drive in the direction of the ocean. We drove until we saw this:

The sight, sound and smell of the ocean was just what we needed. The ocean always makes me stop and thank God for the beauty of nature.

We decided to take our shoes and socks off and enjoy the beach.


There were surfers!

There was so much scenery


Dan always loves the wildlife:



We stayed to watch the sunset...





It was the perfect introduction to San Fracisco. We were in love at first sight.

3 comments:
What fun to go exploring! I love the ocean as well! Love the pictures of the sunset! Just beautiful! So happy that you were able to tag along with Dan and have a get away together! Love, Ruth
Thanks for posting that! I actually felt warm while looking at the pictures!
Yay! I'm so happy that you're posting about this. Can't believe that was a year ago already.
I love these pictures and memories from your first evening there. I love that you guys are so adventurous and just hopped into your car and off you went, not really knowing where it was you were going. How fun! It looks beautiful there. I love the sunset pictures!
Love,
Christina
Post a Comment