Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Gabe's First Field Trip

Today was Gabie's first school field trip. I tagged along with him and the rest of his classmates and their parents to the Children's Farm in Palos Park. He was SO excited to go. I actually think he was most excited to see his teacher. He was pretty disappointed when he realized he wouldn't be like riding in her car to the field trip. In fact, he told me that he wished I wasn't coming. :-( But, all of that passed once we got there.

They got to see and touch all the animals. Gabe's favorite was the baby cows, and he refused to touch the sheep (can't really say I blame him on that one). The pig was licking his boot, which was pretty funny. He LOVED holding a little bunny, until he felt its sharp little claw and then he almost dropped it. :-)

After seeing the animals, we went on a hay ride and then came back for a snack. It was a great morning and a great first field trip!

IMG_8418

Picnik collage

IMG_8414

IMG_8397

IMG_8390

IMG_8378

IMG_8376

IMG_8369

IMG_8351

IMG_8337

IMG_8325

IMG_8316

IMG_8309

IMG_8303

IMG_8298

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great field trip! I love the picture of Gabe holding the bunny! Glad you were able to go along! Love, Ruth

Erica said...

I'm so glad you were able to go with Gabe's class on the field trip. I can't wait for those! I love how these pictures capture the kids' awe and wonder of the animals and nature. This is such a sweet age. Gabe looks adorable as always. Love him in his hat and handkerchief!

Love,
Erica

Beck said...

He is so stinkin' cute :) love him!!!