
I think it's taken me a while to post about Becky's swearing in to the Rockford Fire Department because I took SO MANY PICTURES. So, get ready for collage mania (as if this blog wasn't collage mania already!). Here is a pic of the "class" of 10 that was sworn in:

And here's Beck getting interviewed on the news. I posted the link to the interview a few posts back if you missed it.

There were lots of kind words by lots of important people:

And then the actual swearing in. Family was invited to stand up on stage as well (Caleb kept saying "Mammow!" until she finally held him :-)):


The rest of her class:

And there was punch and cookies afterwards:

Proud Mother (note, the bottom right is the commissioner who thought I was Becky's MOTHER when I was taking pictures before the ceremony - I seriously need a makeover!!):

Friend and fellow firefighter, Gerry Gurney:

And more pictures outside of Memorial Hall:

The Fam (minus Dan, taking the pic):

Proud Dad:

Looking cool in blue:

Time to celebrate, with "steak a la Bob" and a gift:

And an appropriately (and coincidentally) themed new (old) toy:

I've said it a hundred times, but we are so proud of you, Beck. Please pray for her as she goes through her 12-week training.
OK, that might be officially the most pics I've ever posted in one post! Hope you enjoyed them. :-)

5 comments:
Wow! Please pass on the congratulations to your sister. What an amazing accomplishment!
And, of course, I love the collages!
It was great seeing you guys on Sunday.
Love,
Erica
PS-The commissioner, obviously, was not looking closely because you do NOT look like Becky's mother. He must need glasses, really thick glasses!!!
Ok that is a lot of pics!! And there's no way you look like Becky's mom : )
In no way do you look like Becky's mother! That's just plain crazy talk! Congratulations to your sister! What an accomplishment!!
Love, Ruth
Come on! Her mom?! Hilarious!
Congrats to Becky! The uniform looks good, and you'll do it proud!
Congratulations Becky!! What a huge accomplishment!
These pictures are great. I love the collages. And that little firetruck is perfect!!
I agree, that commissioner was crazy talking. You definitely do not look old enough to be her mother. She's nuts.
:-)
Post a Comment