So today as a "craft" Gabe and I painted the letters for Caleb's room (I bought them bare and no, they are still not up after 5 months). I was casually talking to him about Christmas while we painted and it went a little something like this:
Me: What do you want for Christmas?
Gabe: Ummm, toys.
Me: What kind of toys?
Gabe: Ummm, an Elmo toy.
Me: What do you think Caleb wants for Christmas?
Gabe: Toys....little ones.
Me: What do you think Daddy wants for Christmas?
Gabe: Big clothes.
Me: What do you think Mammow wants for Christmas?
Gabe: A car.
Me: What do you think Henry wants for Christmas?
Gabe: Toys.
Me: What kind of toys?
Gabe: TRACTORS!
Me: Henry likes tractors, doesn't he!
Gabe: (looking contemplative) Henry has plenty of tractors. (nodding affirmatively as if to say he did not need more tractors for Christmas :-))
I swear he came up with all of that on his own...he said different things for different people as the day went on; it's been fun to quiz him on Christmas because I still don't think he gets the concept. I think this Christmas will be really fun watching him open things.
In other news, Caleb is five months today! I need to download some pics; I have a cute one of him with his ice sock from today. He was a little better today, but still a little cranky. He really is not wanting to eat much at all; I think the sucking causes his gums to hurt even worse. He's been sleeping again until about 4:30 or 5, but his three naps today were no more than 20 minutes each! Yikes....I obviously jinxed myself last Friday. He still hasn't rolled over again, though he's starting to get on his side again. Something I don't think I've documented yet is that he LOVES being naked. Whenever I change his clothes or get him ready for a bath he just smiles and especially loves when I blow raspberries on his tummy. He seems to like his bath - he's really never cried for them and he kicks like crazy and soaks everything around us!
Anyway, the time on my Garnier Nutrisse hair color is just about up, so I'm off to rinse this grey right out of my hair!
Friday, December 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How funny...he's just right about Henry. Henry is telling me that EVERYONE wants tractors for Christmas. :-)
Post a Comment