Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pesto Presto


If anyone else out there has a gigantic basil plant and doesn't know what to do with it, here's an easy pesto recipe I found on allrecipes.com:

2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts (I toast them in a little bit of olive oil)
Salt to taste

All you do is throw everything in a food processor and voila! Sometimes I add a little extra olive oil. We usually just toss it with a box of mostaciolli or penne and it's a pretty good meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a healthy garden! Good work :-)

Christina said...

Your garden is so impressive. This recipe sounds yummy. Did you happen to see the special recipe section in the Real Simple/August issue about cooking with basil?? Some other good recipes for all of that basil!