Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Better Nigh-Nighs & Naps
For a while now Gabe has been waking up sometime during the middle of the night or early morning and we've been bringing him into our bed to sleep - he konks right out as soon as he's in bed with us. Clearly, we may have started a bad habit and I have been really stressing about how to break it. On Monday night, I woke up early morning and was surprised that he was still sleeping...in his crib. And the real kicker was that he kept sleeping...in his crib...until 7:30 a.m.! I even got up, took a shower and got dressed before he woke up - I don't know if I've ever done that before! Then, last night he slept again through the night in his crib, but this time only until 5:30, but then he dozed with us again until about 7. So, maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel afterall! His naps have been pretty consistently around 2 hours - close to 2 1/2 on Monday, so those are getting better, too. Still just one, which we have pushed back to somewhere around 11:30 usually. Things are smoothing out, but he still fights once in a while. Tonight, though, Dan read him a couple books on our bed and then I laid with him for a while on the bed and he was really playful and smiley and then I took him in his room and just swayed for a couple minutes and he was out. It was nice to have some time where I felt like I wasn't fighting to get him down, so I'm feeling optimistic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment