Monday, July 06, 2015

Happy 8th birthday, Caleb!

Dear Caleb,

I love this picture from our "Mommy / Caleb Camp" time last weekend. I love it because it reminds me of the time we were able to spend together, but also because it reminds me of your determination and persistence.  We worked on solving that Rubik's Cube for probably four hours that afternoon. And you stuck with it the whole way, through endless You Tube videos and way too many references to algorithms. Since then, you've solved it a bunch more times on your own and you're getting faster every time. I love that you stick with something until you finally get it; it's a quality you've always had and it's one of my favorites.

This year has passed with lightning speed,  as each year seems to do.  You finished 2nd grade with flying colors. Your teacher said you are a model student, and you told us that you didn't even get on yellow one time the whole year! :-) Math is your favorite subject and you even got the Mega Mathematician Award at the end of the year. You loved playing baseball again this spring and have asked for catcher's gear for your birthday (we'll see what tomorrow brings)! :)

You are exceptionally smart and brave. You're extremely conscientious and aware of what's going on around you.  You are friendly to others,  even when it makes you nervous.

You have amazing reading comprehension and love reading the Harry Potter books over my shoulder (and always pointing out when I skip a swear!). :)

You learned to ride a 2 - wheeler this spring and have even gone on trail rides with daddy.  You also learned to swim this year!  In so many ways you continue to face and overcome the things that make you feel afraid.

I'm so proud of you,  Caleb. And so thankful that God choose us to be your parents.  It really is such a joy to see you grow.  I'm so thankful another year has passed,  because it means another year of health,  growth and memories with you.

I pray God's best for you this year and always.  That your belief in Christ will develop into a strong relationship with Him. And that you continue to be brave and persistent.

I love you,  Cay Cay! Happy birthday!

Love, 

Mommy

0 comments: