Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Happy 10th Birthday, Gabie!



Gabie:

Tomorrow we celebrate your TENTH birthday.  Ten years ago, you made me a mama and it hardly seems like a decade has passed.  Instead, it seems like I should still be able to pick you up and throw you on my hip like I did when you were smaller.  While I can't pick you up like I used to (and you barely fit on my lap anymore), I'm so thankful to watch you grow and learn everyday.

You are like no other - God made you unique with your witty sense of humor, outgoing personality and tender heart.  You're becoming more independent and confident; you have a great group of friends and for that I'm so thankful.  You have incredible passion and sensitivity, always wearing your heart on your sleeve.  I can trust you to do the right thing - you are conscientious about your actions and the actions of those around you.  You love sports - right now you love basketball and just finished your first season.  You are just starting baseball again and are doing a great job even though you felt frustrated last season.  And we can't forget the baritone - you started playing this year and have learned so much.  You love to play things by ear on the piano and are great at figuring out melodies without the music.  And we have to talk about that hair.  You LOVE having it long and told me this week that you're "known for your hair" at school and "that's how your friends find you."  :-)  This weekend in the car you confirmed that you'd like to be a prospector when you grow up, but that you'd also like to play for the NBA and NHL.  I love your big dreams and pray you never stop believing that you can do anything.


I'm so proud to be your mom.  I know you're becoming more independent, but I will never stop pulling you close, kissing your cheeks and telling you "I love you."  My grandma has always said to me, "you'll always be my baby."  And I feel that way about you.  No matter how old you are, you'll always be my baby - my firstborn and the one who made me a mother.

I love you, Gabriel.  Happy 10th birthday!

Mommy

0 comments: