Sunday, July 06, 2014

Happy 7th birthday, Caleb!




Dear Caleb,

Tomorrow is your GOLDEN birthday!  Or maybe it's your "platinum" or "diamond" birthday?  After all, you were born on 7-7-07, and tomorrow you are turning 7!  That seems pretty special.

This weekend we celebrated in Rockford with family.  You asked for a baseball themed party, and couldn't wait to play "kids vs. grown-ups" in a whiffle ball game in the front yard.  Even though you weren't feeling well, you had a great time.

This past year has been a year of learning and exploring your talents.  You finished 1st grade with flying colors.  After starting the year a little nervous about writing stories, it ended up being your favorite activity and Mrs. Reddel said you were a model student. You even ran cross country this year!  You also played baseball for the first time this spring and again overcame your fears, did your best and ended up having a great season.  And more recently you've been working very hard at learning piano; you set out to learn "Midnight Express" and within 2 weeks you had it down (and have now played it approximately 4,237 times!  :-)).  Definitely a natural.

You are one of the bravest boys I know; you continue to conquer your fears and try new things even when you feel nervous. You are conscientious and kind; you are always aware of your actions and the actions of those around you.  You get along well with your brother (most of the time), and I'm thankful the two of you have become such good friends.  You are smart as a whip and an excellent reader; you always follow a story and ask lots of questions (and read plenty on your own as well!).  You have a contagious and genuine laugh that often causes you to stop in your tracks or double over.  The very best moments. 

I love being your mommy.  It's such a blessing to see you grow and learn new things.  I love that you still love to snuggle at night when you're going to sleep and that you still keep "day day" close.  I love that at random moments you say, "mommy, I want you."  And then when I pick you up you throw your arms around my neck and put your head on my shoulder.  These are moments I will remember and cherish always.  Forgive me when I seem impatient; I want to be the very best mom for you and Gabe, but I know at times I fall short.  Just know that I love you very, very much and always will....no matter what.

Thank you, Lord, for the blessing that Caleb is to our family and those who know him.  Bless and keep him and may he continue to grow in you.

I love you so much, Caleb. Happy 7th birthday!

Sara

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Precious! Love that you write something special on each birthday! Happy Birthday, Caleb!