Saturday, February 05, 2011

Snowed In

What a week! I feel like I've never seen so much snow in my life! I'm amazed at how quickly my mentality went from "ooh....looks like we'll be cozied up for a while!" to "oh my word...I need some fresh air...PLEASE!" Hahaha!

It started with the anticipation Tuesday night...

February 1, 2011

When we woke up, it was a blizzardy wonderland! This picture shows the snow, but not the wind. Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning it was SO windy. And we also heard thunder and saw lightning - freaky!

February 2, 2011

IMG_1159

IMG_1158

There was definitely some digging out to be done!

IMG_1190

Some shoveling...

IMG_1173

And some bundling...

IMG_1168

IMG_1169

And some playing!

IMG_1178

IMG_1198

IMG_1229

Lolli loved it, of course...

IMG_1137

IMG_1143


It was quite an event. One we'll probably always remember. Two things stuck with me during this storm:

1. I felt so thankful to have a home, provisions, and a family to cozy up with.
2. Snow days are sort of like special gifts - a forced day to stay at home and be with your family. I really loved every minute of it.

Snow day, take 2? Hmmmm...let's just say there was some stir craziness going around! :-)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It was crazy... did you guys get out by Thursday? Just think - now we just have to wait for it all to melt, seems like that might take forever at this point!

Christina said...

You are so right, Sara! I also went from "ooh, let's get to HUNKERIN'" to "Get me OUT of here!". How fast we change our tunes :)

I love these pictures. I can't believe how much snow you guys got there. I love that the boys went out to play and love that fort Gabe built with Dan. They will have such great memories!

Love you,
Christina