
The boys loved being "explorers" and following Dan through the woods. I was happy to let him lead the way, as I'm not so adventurous. I actually have an odd fear of nature at times. For example, what if we come across coyotes? Or what if we startle a deer who then tramples us in its disorientation? You know, rational fears like that. This was disappointing for Dan when we were in South Dakota a few years back and I wouldn't venture far from the car for fear we would be bitten by rattlesnakes or trampled by buffalo. Perhaps I need help? Anyway, I digresss.....

We had to move sticks...

and climb over tree trunks....

For as much as I fear wildlife, I do love the beauty of nature. I was happy to look for any pop of green, even if it was moss!


But there was also beauty in the monochromatic backdrop that secluded us from the hustle and bustle we are so used to.



And Lolli was in her element, of course. This picture cracks me up. Dan let her off her leash for a bit and she went bananas. She didn't run away, but she was dashing here and there. She's definitely a huntin' dog!

We had fun looking for little treasures, like old pop bottles......

...and....umm....deer poop.....LOTS of it.....(sorry, I know that's gross!)...

This was such a nice diversion after a week of fevers and lethargy. Made my spring fever just that much worse.


3 comments:
What a perfect way to spend the day! I love how the boys were "explorers" and finding neat forest treasures!
You'll have to tell me where this is. It looks like a great place to be in nature and get away from the city!
I'm glad the boys are feeling better. I've been thinking of you guys!
Love,
Erica
This is the perfect afternoon out for boys {and their camera totin', spring fever havin', wildlife frightened mama}! Your pictures are amazing. I love that you spotted those little pops of green. The smallest things, like normally shunned moss, really stand out and have such beauty!
I love that the boys got to explore and climb over logs and move big tree branches. So much fun! And that one of flying Lolli -- so funny!
And don't you worry, those boys would protect you against a running rampant deer, hahaha! That cracked me up :)
love you,
Christina
Great pictures, Sara! Loved spending time with you all.
Love,
Sandi
Post a Comment