Tuesday, July 06, 2010

To Caleb on Your 3rd Birthday

Caleb in hospital


Dear Caleb,

You are my baby. My littlest one who is not so little anymore. How is it possible that you are three years old? Tonight as I watched you fall asleep, I couldn't help but shed a couple of tears thinking about how quickly three years have passed. I felt a little sad that you are no longer a baby, but it was the happy kind of sad that makes you feel so reflective and thankful and hopeful. I'm happy that you are growing into such a happy and healthy boy, but part of me wanted to freeze you right in that moment as you were snuggled up with me and falling asleep.

You are the perfect blend of sweet and rambunctious. I love they way you express yourself. The tone of your voice is always so honest, whether it's filled with delight, sadness, or silliness. You have so much fun with your brother, and are always cheering him on. You are still snuggly and love to cuddle with your "day-day." I love you when you ask mommy to come "sungle" with you on the couch. You're not quite potty trained, but we are working on it. :-)

We love you so much, Caleb. Our family just wouldn't be complete without you! You bring so much joy and fun to each day and Daddy and I are just so proud of you.

Happy birthday to my sweet baby Cay Cay. Now you are three!

Love,

Mommy

IMG_1536

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! I seriously cried as I read this, so sweet.

Sara said...

Thanks, Lindsey!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Oma loves you dearly.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! I cannot believe you're three years old. Oh my. You're a Big BoY!

This made me teary. I love your nighttime reflections as you watched him fall asleep curled up with you. Precious. I also have moments where I want to freeze time. It feels like it couldn't get any better....but I know it will :-)

Can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday!

Love you,
Christina

Erica said...

I love this picture of Caleb! Such a handsome boy! I can't believe he's three years old now. Time is going too quickly...how can our 2007 babies be pre-schoolers already? We loved celebrating with all of you, and, as always, his birthday party was ADORABLE and FABULOUS!!!!

We are already looking forward to seeing you in less than two months! I love having all the boys together!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Caleb!!!
Love,
Erica