Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dear Gabriel,

GabeMommy and Gabe

Five years ago today I held you in my arms for the first time.  You took a long time getting here, and Daddy and I were so happy to finally meet you.  You were perfect and had (still have) the most beautiful long eyelashes, the first thing I noticed about you.  You changed our lives instantly for the better, and we couldn't believe what an amazing gift God had given us.

Now, here we are five years later, and you have grown into a little boy.  I know you're only 5, but that's a pretty big deal.  You're in preschool now and you'll be going to kindergarten this fall.  I can't believe how quickly time is passing.  I cherish each moment with you.  You are so bright, and you have Daddy's silly sense of humor.   You are so handsome (I know you would hate me saying that!) and you are a great big brother to Caleb.  He loves you so much and wants to be just like you.

I pray for you everyday.  Pray that you would be healthy and happy and that you would feel God's love for you and that one day, when you are ready, you will develop a faith of your own.

Daddy and I and Caleb love you so much.  We are so blessed to have you, and we wish you the very happiest birthday ever.

Love,

Mommy

IMG_0689

6 comments:

Christina said...

....and that made me cry.
So so super sweet.

Happy Birthday Gabe! I hope your 5th birthday is big and exciting! We can't wait to see you today at the waterpark :-)

We love you and are so thankful for you!

dan said...

Well said, Sar. You are a great Mommy.

Jamie said...

Oh Sara that first picture is so precious!
It is crazy hard to realized they are no longer a baby or toddler, makes me feel like crying this morning.... but I know there are still many, many fun and wonderful things ahead! Happy birthday Gabe!!

Anonymous said...

Seems like just yesterday when you were born, Gabriel. It was such a special moment and I'll never forget it. You are a bright spot in my life and I am so thankful for you. Happy 5th Birthday! I love you. Love, Oma

Erica said...

Such a sweet letter, Sara. It made me cry too! I can't believe Gabe is five years old today. I love the last picture of him. Such a handsome boy!

Happy 5th Birthday! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you!
(of course, take lots of pictures! :-)

Love,
Erica

Ruth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABE!!!! Love, Ruth