Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dad's Birthday

This year for Dad's birthday we decided to take him downtown for the day and take the Chicago architecture tour along the river and lake. It was a beautiful day and the tour was great. If you haven't taken it before, I would highly recommend it. I think this is the third or fourth time I've taken it, and I learn something new and interesting about the city everytime.

After the boat tour, we walked over the the famous Billy Goat Tavern and Grill for a "cheezborger." If you're not familiar with the Billy Goat, it was the inspiration for the vintage Saturday Night Live skit with John Belushi. Another fun "must see" if you haven't been before - super old little dive with great greasy burgers. But they don't let you order a single - "DOUBLE CHEESE THE BEST!" "NO FRIES, CHIPS!" "NO PEPSI, COKE!"

Anyway, after that we went to Elephant and Castle for an assortment of huge desserts - yum, and then back here to hang out with the boys a little bit.

It was a fun day. Dad, I hope you enjoyed it! Love you and let's do it again soon.


Chicago Architecture Tour

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

IMG_6517

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

IMG_6569

IMG_6605

IMG_6676

IMG_6666

1 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun way to celebrate your dad's birthday! You guys did so much!
I've never done any of those things, and now I'm going to have to add them to my list of places to go in Chicago.

Love,
Erica