
...say a little prayer for Gabie. I decided to take him in to the dr. yesterday (mostly because I was taking Caleb in for something else, which turned out to be nothing). He's had a dry, nagging cough for quite a while now, sort of lingering since his last cold. I had noticed it, but wasn't really thinking that much of it since it wasn't very frequent, didn't seem very deep, no other symptoms, etc. But then I noticed lately that he's seemed really tired also, even saying sometimes, "I'm pooped" and not wanting to do things he normally would.
As it turns out, there is a "wheeze" in his lungs. The doctor thinks that it's just leftover inflamation from his last illness and prescribed four days of oral steroids. If that doesn't clear it up, we'll have to look at whether he might have light asthma. I'm praying that is not the case. He also mentioned doing an x-ray to rule out any congenital lung issues, but since we had one last November, we didn't have to have one (congentital issues would have been picked up at that time).
So, say a little prayer for him. He's acting fine, I'm just feeling bad for not following my instincts and taking him in sooner. I'm hoping that it will clear up with this medicine. I also asked if it could be related at all to the fact that he was born with trachomalacia (floppy airway) or if it could be related to any environmental issues like mold or something and the dr. said no. I'm not super worried, but hoping that it doesn't end up being anything major.
Thanks!

6 comments:
Such a precious picture of Gabe.
I'll be praying for him. Please keep us updated.
Love,
Erica
I'm sorry to hear about Gabe's cough! I will definitely be praying! Love, Ruth
I love the picture, too!
poor baby. never fun when they are not 100%. will pray it will clear right up!
Don't you leave for Maine soon??
Oh Sara, I'm so sorry to hear about Gabe. I know how scary these breathing issues can be. I'm praying for him and praying that the steroids help clear up the wheeze really quickly. We had to start William on one before we left for vacation and after only a day or two his wheeze was completely gone. They always work really fast for him. I'm praying the same for Gabe and praying he feels back to normal soon---especially before vacation.
He's such a sweet boy, I love the picture of him on the swing. Sweet little blondie.
And don't feel bad about not taking him sooner--who would have known?? I almost never take Henry anymore for cold symptoms. You're an awesome mom!!
Love you guys!
Thanks, everyone! I think it's pretty much cleared up; at least he's not coughing anymore and if I put my ear to his back (very scientific) I don't hear any wheezing. Now if we can all stay healthy until next weekend when we leave for Maine! :-)
What a precious photo of Gabe. I had no idea he's been having lung problems. I totally understand what that's like and I'll be praying for complete healing and restoration. Love, Oma
Post a Comment